The University of Virginia’s Commitment to Diversity
“Diversity stands with ethics, integrity, and academic excellence, as a cornerstone of University culture. The University promotes an inclusive and welcoming environment that embraces the full spectrum of human attributes, perspectives, and disciplines. When people of different backgrounds come together, they exchange ideas, question assumptions (including their own), and broaden the horizons for us all. A University of Virginia community rich in diversity affords every member equal respect – and provides a forum for understanding our differences as well as our commonalities.” University of Virginia, Office of the President
BIMS faculty and students come to UVa from across the country and around the world, representing many states and countries. Below is a partial list of diversity resources at UVA.
- Voices of Diversity at UVa
- Office of the Vice President and Chief Officer for Diversity and Equity
- UVa African-American Student Organizations
- UVa Hispanic/Latino Resources Page
- LGBT: Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender
- Summer Research Internship Program in Biomedical Research (undergraduate)
- UVa Summer Medical and Dental Educational Program (SMDEP)
If you need more info. or have specific questions, please contact us.