Instructions to login and use Curvita
- Curvita is a centralized database of information that can be accessed, revised, and managed from one secure and easy-to-use web interface. Data includes:
- Research Interest Description
- Research Interest Title
- eRA Commons name(s)
- Primary Office/Discipline
- Contact Information
- Curvita enables each faculty member (and/or department administrator) to enter their data.
- Curvita is designed to facilitate generation of the ten tables essential to NIH Training grant applications
- Curvita has additional capabilities such as:
- Automatically generates Biosketches adhering to NIH and NSF standards.
- Automatically downloads publications from databases. Easy discrimination for populating Biosketches.
- Exporting data for web page population
Web Access – Curvita:
1.) Cut and paste the following address into your browser: http://somcurveweb.eservices.virginia.edu/
2.) Enter your NetBadge ID and password
Data Management – Curvita:
1.) Faculty – you should be on your personal page so go to 2) below.
- Select the tab “Search Profiles” from the top of the screen and type the first and last name of the requested faculty member.
- Press the Search button.
- In the next screen, select the magnifying-glass icon of the faculty member.
2.) On the left side of the screen, select General. On this page, the faculty’s email, website, research interest title,research interest description, and contact information can be entered. Note: When editing the research interest description, do not remove any existing HTML code within the description. Don’t enter D.O.B. The items in bold are required to update the Research Faculty Directory.
3.) Beneath the “General” section, select the “Affiliations” section to enter the faculty’s primary and department affiliations. To enter a new affiliation, either click on the “Create” located beneath the “My Website” tab or click on the “Create a Department Affiliation” link at the bottom of the page. Past affiliations can be entered.
***The updates to your web page will occur within 24 to 48 hours.
If faculty do not have an entry in our Research Faculty Directory (http://med.virginia.edu/faculty/),