- Email: email@example.com
Matt's research group studies fundamental and applied aspects of mammalian cell signaling and receptor trafficking processes. Signaling and cell phenotype regulation by the epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) and the protein tyrosine phosphatase SHP2, and the impact of such signaling on cancer cell response to targeted therapies, are areas of primary interest. More recently, the lab has begun working on two new classes of problems in the mammalian kidney involving receptor-mediated processes that maintain the normal glomerular filtration barrier and that enable the reabsorption of filtered proteins from the proximal tubule. In studying all of these problems, the lab employs a combination of experimental and computational modeling approaches.
- Buonato J, Lan I, Lazzara M. EGF augments TGFβ-induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition by promoting SHP2 binding to GAB1. Journal of cell science. 2015;128(21): 3898-909. PMID: 26359300
- Furcht C, Buonato J, Lazzara M. EGFR-activated Src family kinases maintain GAB1-SHP2 complexes distal from EGFR. Science signaling. 2015;8(376): ra46. PMID: 25969544
- Walsh A, Kapoor G, Buonato J, Mathew L, Bi Y, Davuluri R, Martinez-Lage M, Simon M, O'Rourke D, Lazzara M. Sprouty2 Drives Drug Resistance and Proliferation in Glioblastoma. Molecular cancer research : MCR. 2015;13(8): 1227-37. PMID: 25934697 | PMCID: PMC4679183
- Senturk S, Yao Z, Camiolo M, Stiles B, Rathod T, Walsh A, Nemajerova A, Lazzara M, Altorki N, Krainer A, Moll U, Lowe S, Cartegni L, Sordella R. p53Ψ is a transcriptionally inactive p53 isoform able to reprogram cells toward a metastatic-like state. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 2014;111(32): E3287-96. PMID: 25074920 | PMCID: PMC4136628
- Walsh A, Lazzara M. Differential parsing of EGFR endocytic flux among parallel internalization pathways in lung cancer cells with EGFR-activating mutations. Integrative biology : quantitative biosciences from nano to macro. 2014;6(3): 312-23. PMID: 24445374