- Assistant Professor, Chemistry
Chemical Biology, Lipid Biochemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, and Mass Spectrometry
Professor Hsu is an Assistant Professor in the Departments of Chemistry and Pharmacology at the University of Virginia. The Hsu Lab is focused on developing chemical methods and probes to address fundamental challenges associated with studying regulation of metabolism and signaling in vivo. Current efforts are focused on discovery of new lipid metabolic targets for chronic inflammation and immuno-oncology. Members of the Hsu Lab receive cross-disciplinary training in chemical biology, mass spectrometry, medicinal chemistry, and in vivo pharmacology. Professor Hsu is a recipient of several awards including the highly competitive NIH K99/R00 Pathway to Independence Award, DOD CDMRP Career Development Award, and a Young Investigator Award from the Melanoma Research Alliance (MRA).
- Shin M, Franks C, Hsu K. Isoform-selective activity-based profiling of ERK signaling. Chemical science. 2018;9(9): 2419-2431. PMID: 29732117 | PMCID: PMC5909473
- Franks C, Campbell S, Purow B, Harris T, Hsu K. The Ligand Binding Landscape of Diacylglycerol Kinases. Cell chemical biology. 2017;24(7): 870-880.e5. PMID: 28712745 | PMCID: PMC5551460
- McCloud R, Franks C, Campbell S, Purow B, Harris T, Hsu K. Deconstructing Lipid Kinase Inhibitors by Chemical Proteomics. Biochemistry. 2017. PMID: 29155586
- Shin M, Snyder H, Donvito G, Schurman L, Fox T, Lichtman A, Kester M, Hsu K. Liposomal Delivery of Diacylglycerol Lipase-Beta Inhibitors to Macrophages Dramatically Enhances Selectivity and Efficacy in Vivo. Molecular pharmaceutics. 2017. PMID: 28901776