Craig H. Meyer
- Associate Professor, Biomedical Engineering
Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Our research focuses on developing new magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) techniques, especially techniques that acquire the image data very rapidly. This work involves MRI physics, signal processing, and image reconstruction techniques. Rapid MRI acquisition is particularly important for cardiac studies, because of cardiac and respiratory motion. One technique we are studying is real-time interactive imaging, which allows images of the beating heart to be acquired, displayed and controlled in real-time. This technique allows rapid evaluation of cardiac function and rapid scout scans of the coronary arteries. We are currently working to enhance the image frame rate and resolution using new image reconstruction methods implemented on dedicated high-performance Linux clusters. In addition to real-time imaging, we use our techniques to generate high-resolution images of the coronary arteries within a breath-hold. We apply our high-resolution images to noninvasive coronary angiography and coronary vessel wall imaging.
In addition, we are developing new contrast agents and the associated imaging methods for targeted molecular imaging of vulnerable atherosclerotic plaque.
- Pollak A, Meyer C, Epstein F, Jiji R, Hunter J, Dimaria J, Christopher J, Kramer C. Arterial spin labeling MR imaging reproducibly measures peak-exercise calf muscle perfusion: a study in patients with peripheral arterial disease and healthy volunteers. JACC. Cardiovascular imaging. 2012;5(12): 1224-30. PMID: 23236972 | PMCID: PMC3531823
- Pallas A, Meyer C, Mojon D. [Nintendo 3DS : Technology, physiology and possible risks for children's eyes.] Der Ophthalmologe : Zeitschrift der Deutschen Ophthalmologischen Gesellschaft. 2012. PMID: 23224123
- Clemens C, Bertelmann T, Meyer C. Vitreous traction after ozurdex injection. Journal of ocular pharmacology and therapeutics : the official journal of the Association for Ocular Pharmacology and Therapeutics. 2012;29(1): 3-4. PMID: 23098563
- Meyer C, Klein A, Alten F, Liu Z, Stanzel B, Helb H, Brinkmann C. Release and velocity of micronized dexamethasone implants with an intravitreal drug delivery system: kinematic analysis with a high-speed camera. Retina (Philadelphia, Pa.). 2012;32(10): 2133-40. PMID: 23060033
- Saxena S, Jain A, Ramindar Sharma S, Meyer C. Three-dimensional spectral domain optical coherence tomography of retina in choroidal metastasis due to uterine endometrial carcinoma. BMJ case reports. 2012;2012. PMID: 22967681
- Feng X, Salerno M, Kramer C, Meyer C. Kalman filter techniques for accelerated Cartesian dynamic cardiac imaging. Magnetic resonance in medicine : official journal of the Society of Magnetic Resonance in Medicine / Society of Magnetic Resonance in Medicine. 2012. PMID: 22926804 | PMCID: PMC3536913
- Krohne T, Liu Z, Holz F, Meyer C. Intraocular pharmacokinetics of ranibizumab following a single intravitreal injection in humans. American journal of ophthalmology. 2012;154(4): 682-686.e2. PMID: 22818800
- Jiji R, Pollak A, Epstein F, Antkowiak P, Meyer C, Weltman A, Lopez D, Dimaria J, Hunter J, Christopher J, Kramer C. Reproducibility of rest and exercise stress contrast-enhanced calf perfusion magnetic resonance imaging in peripheral arterial disease. Journal of cardiovascular magnetic resonance : official journal of the Society for Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance. 2013;15 14. PMID: 23343398 | PMCID: PMC3562222